Wolverines Run at Plainview

Sarah Weldon

Medalists from Plainview Meet (Reagan Ethridge, Tatytum Goodman, Trace Goodman, Joshua Samaron)

Jenna Bridges, Writer

The Wolverines competed on Saturday at the Plainview Invitational Cross Country meet. Both the JV and Varsity Girls placed 2nd as a team. Sophomore Taytum Goodman placed 1st in her race and multiple runners also beat their times. 

Senior Micaela Fuentes was satisfied with her performance on Saturday. 

“I improved my time by 40 seconds.” Fuentes said. “Everyone did better than what we do at practice.” 

Goodman ran at the state meet last year, and as a sophomore she has a lot of opportunities. She doesn’t just prepare herself before running, but her team as well. 

“I was trying to get myself and my team ready to go,” Goodman said. “ I’m happy on the way I did, and I improved my time from last week.” 

Fuentes runs on the JV team; she was a little anxious for this meet but pleased with her results, and the results as a team over all. 

“I was pretty nervous, because it was gonna be my first meet of my senior season.” Fuentes said. “I think we did pretty good overall as a JV team, we got 2nd as a team out of all the 1A-4A schools.” 

Fuentes has confidence in the Varsity and JV team. Last year the Lady Wolverines did not make it to state as a team, but two runners did individually. 

“As long as we just keep doing what we’re doing, we’ll do great in the end,” Fuentes said. “Hopefully Varsity can make it to state this year.”