Track Teams Compete at Abernathy

Yearbook

Freshman Dadwin Perez crosses the finish line

Taytum Goodman, Writer

The Lady Wolverine and Wolverine track teams competed at the A town relays in Abernathy. The JV boys, varsity girls and varsity boys all competed in the meet. They each worked really hard especially since they were competing against bigger schools. They travel to Dimmitt on Thursday to compete in the district meet. 

Senior Sayler Beerwinkle was impressed with one of her field events.

“I throw the disc and shot,” Beerwinkle said. “I threw my best throw ever with 92 feet in the disc which is good for me.  The wind helped me a little bit but I have been working on my spin so that helped me more.  I ended up getting 4th in that.  I then went to the shot and got 6th.” 

The field events took place first, then the running started soon after they finished.

Freshman Jade Hill throws the shot put (Yearbook)

“In the 300 hurdles I got my personal best and in the 110’s I did ok,” junior Braxton Ethridge said.  “In the 100 I think I could of done better but we were running into the wind.” 

Through the wind and competition Coach Ethridge was still pleased with the way the athletics performed. 

“I was very pleased with the way the high school boys performed,” Coach Harley Ethridge said. 

Preparing for the next meet, district, the Wolverines and Lady Wolverines are working hard. 

“I am going to keep doing the same conditioning we have been doing,” Ethridge said.