Wolverine Spotlight: Gaby Tovar

Braileigh Goe

Gaby Tovar smiling for the camera.

Lexi Anchondo and Braileigh Goe

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways, submit to him, and he will make your paths straight,” Proverbs 3:5-6.

This verse is the exact inspiration that freshman Gabriella Tovar carries with her throughout life as she walks her road next to God. He is the one who keeps her on the right path and helps her through all the problems she may face. God will always be the person that she can rely on and someone she will never doubt in as she continues to be the best Wolverine that she can be.

Gaby Tovar has been going to Springlake-Earth her entire life. She is a great example of what it means to be a Wolverine and serves as a great addition to the school as a whole. Dedication and striving to work hard are key parts of being a Wolverine along with the attitude and pride that goes with it. In addition to exhibiting these very qualities, she has made a good name for herself despite being new to high school.

I think she has a pretty good impact on people. She always is doing things for others. Gaby helps people with homework, and whenever they are down, she makes them laugh,” sophomore and close friend Jade Hill said. “She sets a good example for lower and upper classmen. She makes everyone want to be at school. She is important to Springlake-Earth.”

Gaby currently competes in basketball, track, and cross country where she continues to represent the school in the best possible way. 

She’s become a good leader; she’s doing stuff that represents our school well, and it’s great to see her progress,” teacher Scott Royal said.  

Her exhibit of school spirit and dedication to her extracurriculars does not go unnoticed.

She has good school spirit. She tries hard in sports and during games,” Hill said.

She does her best to keep her grades passing, and it has been noticed by others in her classes. 

She gets her work done. Gaby conducts herself properly in the hallways or when we go somewhere. I think she is doing well, and she represents our kids well out in public,” Royal said. “She’s a good person and that is always something we need the rest of our kids to strive for and in all honesty, she is a hard worker. I appreciate her in my class. Gaby shows kids how to act and we need more of it.”

Gaby has a good attitude that keeps peers’ spirits up throughout the day. 

“I try my best to be kind to everyone. I try to help as much as I can,” freshman Gaby Tovar said. “I try to be a good person to everyone.”