Senior Spotlight: Katie Clayton

Katie Clayton

Senior Katie Clayton.

Grace McIver, Writer

Growing up is part of life, and that is just what senior Katie Clayton did. She has grown into loving and living life. Something Katie says often is “YOLO,” which means, “you only live once.” She has learned to live like no one is watching, trying her best to have a successful life.  

“Katie is something else. She’s funny and out there, but she is straight up and will tell you what you need to hear even if you’re not ready to hear it,” junior Sydney Furr said. 

She is a strong-willed person and will not stop until she gets it. She is working to get her nursing degree and plans to attend West Texas A&M University. She wants to be a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant). Having a career in the medical field is something she looks forward to. Being a kind and caring person has helped her choose nursing. 

“She has such a heart for helping others when they are in trouble or just need a friend,” mother Tori Clayton said.  

Katie and her brother. (Cooper Clayton) (Clayton Family)

She is the daughter of Matt and Tori Clayton, and she has one brother, Cooper Clayton. Her family and friends are important to her. She wants to be the best she can for them. She tries to be the backbone for everyone and anyone that does not have one yet.

“I can always go to her for advice and just a talk,” Cooper Clayton said. “She has helped me with a lot of things.”  

She is always up for the challenge. Learning new things is what Katie loves. Katie is in band, STUCO, and NHS. She has learned many lessons when participating in these events, ones she wishes to share with others.

“Do what you do, and don’t let anyone’s opinion change that,” Katie said. “People will judge you and try to change you, but you just got to keep your head up and keep going.”  

Having fun and living life is what Katie loves. Not needing people to approve of what she does helps her to have a longer life.

“Katie loves the simple things in life. She is not a fan of fake people,” T. Clayton said, “With Katie, what you see is what you get, and I love that about her.”  

Senior Katie Clayton. (Katie Clayton)

High school is a big part of someone’s life. It is when people learn the most and find out who they are. People at school are there all the time, and the key is to find people that are good. Katie has done her best to find which way to go in the game of life.  

“High school is a twisted road with lots of bumps, but in the end, it seems as if it should be worth finishing. Not only because you get a degree, but you have made friends,” K. Clayton said. “Those friends might not be lifelong but have definitely taught you some important lessons.”