Senior Spotlight: Dorrian Samarron

Senior Dorrian Samaron

Lifetouch

Senior Dorrian Samaron

Jenna Bridges, Writer

“When you’re a little kid, you want to grow up and graduate, but time flies by so fast. I learned to appreciate the moment and the memories made, and I can’t wait to make many more,” senior Dorrian Samarron said. 

Dorrian Samarron, also known as Dorri, is one of the twenty-three SEHS graduates this year. He is the son of Frank and Shayla Samarron, and is the older brother to freshman Caleb Samarron and younger brother of former SE graduate Miracle Samarron. After graduation, Dorri intends on working in the oil field with a family member in hopes of earning money that will be used for his college expenses. He plans to attend Full Sail University in the fall of 2023 and earn a bachelor’s degree in game design that will take him two and a half years to complete.  

Pursuing a career in video game design was not always the pathway Dorri saw himself taking, however. 

“I wanted to be a U.S. sniper,” Dorri said. “I thought it was the coolest thing to go out and serve our country,”

For a long time, he often thought about his career and thought it would be the one he’d partake in until later on in junior high when he discovered a love for technology and the art of gaming. 

“As time went on, I realized my love for game design and felt more drawn to it,” Dorri said. “It really peaked my interest.” 

He wants to make people happy with his games. He also hopes to paint a much-needed lesson that he thinks is important when taking his career pathway.  

“Being in darkness and sadness is a waste of the life and time you have been given,” Dorri said. “Through my degree, I want to create the content that makes life’s moments ones to be remembered and cherished. My goal is to make other people happy because it has made me happy.” 

Through my degree, I want to create the content that makes life’s moments ones to be remembered and cherished. My goal is to make other people happy because it has made me happy.

— Senior Dorri Samarron

Even though he is excited to make gaming content for others and experience college life, Dorri is going to miss the people who have made his time at SE so memorable. 

“I’m going to miss my family and friends and all of the great times we’ve shared together so far,” Dorri said, “But hopefully I’ll still get to see at least one of my friends in Florida and make more memories to last me a lifetime.” 

One person who has always served as a role model and truly been someone special to him throughout school was Mrs. Parish, who thinks Dorri is a great student and someone who will give you a laugh. 

“My favorite memory of financial math is the day we finished a Rent-A-Center assignment and discovered how much extra it costs to buy something there,” Mrs. Parish said. “Dorri said, ‘Rent-A-Center is stupid!’. Dorri has a great sense of humor and was fun to have in class.” 

Dorri is looking forward to what life has in store for him and has one piece of advice for others, one that has helped him accomplish his goals. 

“Don’t expect things to be handed to you. Go out there and catch whatever dream you have,” Dorri said. “In the end, the chase will be worth it,”