Twirling the Way to State!

Dylan Jones

Lynnsey Mahler twirling.

Lexi Anchondo, Writer

Lynnsey Mahler, the only twirler currently at Springlake-Earth High School, went to compete in Twirling UIL on Wednesday, November 16th. Lynnsey was accompanied by her mom and coach, Tamika Mahler. Lynnsey ended up scoring a 1 and will continue to compete at state UIL. 

“There is like an entire stick throwing league; twirling is like a secret sport. I am just scratching the surface, but I love it. I have put in a lot of work, and I will tell you one of the big things is making it to the state contest,” L. Mahler said. “My routine is not the easiest, not the hardest, but I think it’s perfect for this year. This is the thing that I do for myself, and I never expected to be where I am today and now.” 

It has been noted that Lynnsey has improved a lot since she began twirling.  

“I am absolutely proud of Lynnsey. We will be attending NBTA that is much harder than UIL which will prepare her for state,” T. Mahler. “She’s going to work on some of her harder tricks like toss cartwheel and toss illusion. Lynnsey is going to be working really hard.”

Even though it is only her second year doing UIL, Lynnsey has proven she is truly remarkable when it comes to twirling. 

“She has been improving a lot since beginning her journey. She is going to achieve her dreams one day. I’m proud of her, and I cannot believe she’s going to state. I’m glad that she dedicated everything she could to it,” junior and longtime friend Emma Samaron said. 

State will be hosted during Solo and Ensemble in Austin.  The Springlake-Earth community wishes her the best of luck as she heads into state-level competition. 

“I’m dedicated, so I am ready to give it my all. I am ready to twirl wherever they have state UIL,” Lynnsey Mahler said.