Presenting the 2022 Homecoming Court Representatives!

Braileigh Goe, Writer

The 2022 Homecoming court members have been selected. These students will represent their respective grade levels at the Homecoming pep rally and game on September 9th. First off, representing the 8th grade are Ennah Mosqueda and Bryan Longoria. 

“The most exciting part is getting to find a dress,” 8th grader Ennah Mosqueda said. “I’m nervous that I’m gonna trip, but I’m excited that I’m doing it.”

Back for another year to represent their class on court is freshmen Hannah Alvarez and Froylan Agundiz. Both are excited to be able to have another opportunity to represent their class at homecoming and look good while doing it. 

“It’s cool getting to be out there in front of everybody all pretty and nice,” H. Alvarez said.  

Even though Hannah wasn’t expecting to be selected, she is happy her classmates chose her to represent their class.  

“I do want to be on court again in the future, but I also don’t because I want my classmates to get a chance too,” H. Alvarez said. “It’s an honor that my classmates chose me to represent our class.” 

Also honored to be a part of court are sophomore court representatives, Aryca Ibarra and Timothy Tovar, as well as junior class representatives, Sydney Furr and JJ Jaramillo. For Melissa Alvarez, it brings her much pride to see several of her family members on court this year.

“I’m very proud and overwhelmed that people like them,” Melissa Alvarez said. “It’s not just them, either. I have nephews and nieces on there too, so it’s kind of like a family thing.” 

The seniors representing their class are Annabelle Anchondo, Jenna Bridges, Abrie Escalante, Halee Toscano, Alex Alvarez, Roel Fuentes, Dereck Rosalez, and Jerry Gallegos. All of which will be nominees for Homecoming King and Queen. 

“It was an honor to make homecoming court, especially my senior year since it’s my last year to ever be on court,” senior Annabelle Anchondo said. “It’s almost like I get that piece of recognition for everything I’ve done at Springlake-Earth, and it is even more special getting to spend that day with the community I’m so proud to call my home.”

The King and Queen will be selected at the Homecoming pep rally. The court members, along with Homecoming Queen and King, will be announced at the game during halftime. Come out and root for the Wolverines in roping up those Cowboys!