Lady Wolverines Clinch the District Title

Taytum Goodman, Writer

The Lady Wolverines and Wolverines matched-up against Kress Kangaroos and earned two more wins for the record.  For the Lady Wolverines, this win secured the district championship. The Wolverines finished on top with a score of 80-27, but still have two more games before it is finalized. Tonight, senior night, the teams will play Amherst for the last home game of the season. 

The Kress Lady Roos came wanting a win, but the Lady Wolverines did not let that happen.

“Kress was for sure after us, but we stayed strong till the end,” sophomore Emma Samaron said. 

The Wolverines were not even going to let Kress come close from the start.

“The boys did really well and played amazing, they are really fun to watch,” senior Sam Alderson said.

The Lady Wolverines got in foul trouble early in the game causing a different playing arrangement for the team. 

“The team did very well working together,” Samaron mentioned. “At one point it was just sophomores in the game still going hard which will be great for the next couple of years.”

Through all the bad calls and tough moments, the Lady Wolverines did not let that stop them.

“Despite the unfairness from the referees, the Lady Wolverines overcame that and still managed to pull out a win for SE,” junior  Annabelle Anchondo said. 

Samaron was pleased with the outcome.

“I’m very excited we are district champs, and I got to be a part of that,” Samaron said. “I’m hoping we carry that on for the rest of our high school lives.”

The Lady Wolverines got the win, but still have improvements to make before their next game. 

“Every single one of us can work on defense and blocking out,” Samaron said. 

Since Kress is the biggest competition in the district the gym was packed with people ready to see a show. 

“The game was so action packed and so exciting my little Thomas could not take his eyes of the game,” teacher Cassi Furr said. 

Junior and filmer Jenna Bridges talked about why she is grateful she got to be part of the team. 

“This year really has been fun going to games and being part of the team,” Bridges said. “I can’t wait to see what the Lady Wolverines can do heading into their next games.”